A Gift in Your Will or Living Trust
AFTER YOUR LIFETIME
One of the easiest and most popular ways to make an impact at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas is to include a charitable bequest, or gift, in your will or living trust. A bequest allows you to leave a legacy of support for sick children and their families without affecting your cash flow today. In your will or living trust, you can give a percentage of your estate, so that your gift will remain proportionate to the size of your estate, or you can give a certain amount of cash, securities, or property. Either way, your gift allows you to retain full control of your assets now, while ensuring that RMHLV will continue to give strength and support to families far into the future.
How it works
You create a will or trust leaving part of your estate to your family and part to a charitable organization.
Why should you choose a bequest?
A bequest in your will or living trust is:
• Easy. A few sentences in your will or living trust complete the gift.
• Revocable. Generally speaking, until your will or trust goes into effect, you are free to alter your plans.
• Versatile. You can gift a specific item, an amount of money, a gift contingent upon certain events or, most commonly, a percentage of your estate. In fact, your gift can come into play only after all members of your family have been provided for, if you so choose.
• Tax-wise, qualified charitable gifts entitle your estate to an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction for those gifts.
Steps to making your bequest
1. Determine whether you’d like to make a gift of a specific amount or leave a percentage of your estate, and whether you would like to direct your gift to a specific program or leave your gift unrestricted, allowing it to be used for our most pressing needs.
2. Take our bequest language to your estate planning attorney to include in your will or living trust.
3. Contact the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas to inform us of your gift so we can thank you and ensure your bequest will be fulfilled in a manner you intend.
For more information about RMHC’s Planned Giving Program call Alyson McCarthy, Executive Director, 702-252-4663 x 8.